- This is the compo for all animations or videos
- Preferred video codecs: H.264, HEVC or VP9 (all profiles allowed)
- Preferred audio codecs: PCM (really, use this), AAC, MP3 or Vorbis
- Remember that your entry will be shown on a huge screen and a big PA, so please prefer quality over disk space.
- Preferred container formats: MOV, MP4 or MKV
- Preferred resolution is 1920x1080
- Preferred frame rates: 60 or 30fps
- We’ll try to play everything that’s not using these preferred settings as well as we can. As a rule of thumb: If your computer plays it back fine, it’ll probably be ok.
- Maximum showing time: 10 minutes.
Competition: Freestyle Graphics
- You can use every tool you want.
- For photos: We will preselect plain photos with no artistic effort - photo montages will be allowed
- Otherwise: “no rules”.
- All pictures will be shown with the latest version of IrfanView.
- Please hand in pictures with a flawless compression like PNG to ensure highest quality.
- If you can, submit steps of the creation process, they will be shown.
Competition: Pixel Graphics
Remote entries allowed.
You have to create an image which uses a limited palette.
- Use ONLY the colors of this palette.
- Be sure your image contains only these colors. Images with additional or other colors will be disqualified!
- You can choose the resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio is recommended.
- You don’t have to use all colors, we will show the actual number of colors used.
- Final image must not have been released before.
- GIF animation is allowed.
- Maximum showtime per entry is 30 seconds.
- There will be a preselection, where e.g. badly converted content will be disqualified.
Remote Entries: The Pixel Graphics compo is open to contributions of people who are not present at the party. Send your work using this Google Form (login with a Google account is required) until 4th of August 2022.
Competition: One Screen ANSI/ASCII
Remote entries allowed.
- IMPORTANT: once again, this year’s textmode compos will only show one screen height / 25 lines!
- Maximum width: 80 characters / Maximum length: 25 lines.
- Will be shown with PabloDraw in normal and VGA mode.
- PabloDraw’s built-in Topaz font will be used for displaying Amiga style ASCII.
- iCE colours are not allowed.
- Custom palettes are not allowed.
- Ansimations are not allowed.
- If there are enough entries, we will split the compo into PC ANSI/ASCII and Amiga ASCII.
Remote Entries: The ANSI/ASCII compo is open to contributions of people who are not present at the party. Send your work using this Google Form (login with a Google account is required) until 4th of August 2022.
Competition: 3D Scene
Remote entries allowed
Entry must be an un-animated 3D scene Maximum filesize of your upload archive is 50 megabyte
- Maximum number of triangles is 100k (100.000)
- Maximum texture resolution is 4k for each used texture (4096x4096 pixels)
- Only use models you have created yourself
Before You Submit Your Entry:
- Please submit your entry in .FBX format
- Make sure you have a license for all the textures you are using
- Please add 4 work in progress steps (jpg or png) of your entry clearly showing the progression of your model
- We’ll present your models in the Foxotron viewer by gargaj and cce. Find the repository here and the latest binary here
- Make sure you preview your entry in the Foxotron viewer to make sure everything is displayed correctly
Remote Entries: The 3D Scene compo is open to contributions of people who are not present at the party. Send your work using this Google Form (login with a Google account is required) until 4th of August 2022.